Manufacturing Processes Of A Hydraulic Cylinder Barrel
The hydraulic cylinder is a device that uses liquid pressure to transmit power and control in the hydraulic system. It is mainly composed of a hydraulic cylinder barrel, a piston rod, a piston, and sealing, etc. Among these parts of the hydraulic cylinder, the cylinder barrel is the most complicated to process. Its inner hole has a high dimensional accuracy and a small roughness value. Not only to guarantee the cylindricity of the inner hole and the coaxiality requirements of the two threads, but also ensure higher hardness, toughness and plasticity.
Main manufacturing Processes of a hydraulic cylinder barrel
The manufacturing and processing steps of the cylinder barrel mainly include the following aspects:
- Preparing raw material. General materials are AISI 1020, AISI 1045, ST52, 4140, SS304, SS316, 2205, etc. Hot rolled tube or forged tube.
- Raw material inspection. Providing mill test certificate, including chemical composition, mechanical properties, etc.
- Rough turning.
- Quenching and tempering. Aiming at increasing the hardness of the entire material. Except for quenching and tempering, there are also other heat treatment methods mainly for piston rods, such as induction hardened, carburize, nitriding, etc, designed to improve the surface hardness of the material, which can reach 65 HRC.
- Turning outer circle, shelf mouth, boring stop, flange stop, etc.
- Quenched and tempered hardness test.
- Welding pipe joint seat, flange and other accessories.
- Boring or honing inner side. The maximum length can be bored or honed is respectively 12 meters and 15 meters.
- Polishing inner side of the barrel, to make the surface roughness to be maximum Ra 0.3.
- Turning hole card slot or internal and external thread.
- Drilling oil port.
- Final inspection. Providing test report, which includes ultrasonic test and penetrant test of the welds, outer diameter inspection, bore diameter inspection, surface roughness inspection, oil port penetration inspection and re-inspection, concentricity inspection, etc, to make sure all dimensions and technical requirements of the cylinder barrel are in accordance with the drawing.
- Brushing anti-rust oil.